Old Brook High School
- Joy Beasley
- Hours of Operation
- 7:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.(Session I) / 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Session II)
- School Type
- Operated By
- Oakmont Education Group
- Sponsored By
- Educational Resource Consultants of Ohio
- Special Programs
- Dropout recovery, Career-tech
Old Brook is a high school serving students who would be traditionally enrolled in grades 9-12, ages 15-21. These students may have fallen behind in earning credits, have difficulty passing state-required tests, are at risk of dropping out of school, or just need a new environment in which they can succeed. We target the population of students whose educational needs have not been met at any meaningful level. Our model catches the students that are falling through the cracks and empowers the community with more contributing adult citizens.
At Old Brook High School, we believe:
• Every student deserves an environment that enables them to achieve to their
• We respect our work and each other.
• We use data to inform our decisions and measure our success.
Old Brook High students do not enroll in a specific grade level but rather in the
“Old Brook High School.” They enjoy an individualized and self-paced program
set in a flexible scheduling environment that is responsive to their needs. We are
focused on achieving a high school diploma—not a GED—that leads to postsecondary
success. We welcome parent involvement and community engagement.