Cleveland School of the Arts
- John LePelley
- Hours of Operation
- 8:30 a.m. to 2:50 p.m.
- School Type
- Operated By
- Special Programs
- Arts integration
Cleveland School of the Arts is the only comprehensive performing, visual and creative arts public high school in Northeast Ohio. Established in 1981, we provide a college preparatory education and access to the cultural institutions of our University Circle neighborhood. Our passionate artist-scholars receive the training, education and support to excel today and every day in coursework that allows them to perform forever in their chosen arts discipline. Our admissions application and acceptance process includes an audition and interview for students desiring to enter grades 9–11.
At CSA, our artist-scholars…
• Practice a range of art forms through electives, extracurricular activities, CMSD’s
All-City Arts Program, and the Annual Festival of New Works.
• Choose among five major artistic departments: Creative Writing, Dance/Theater,
Integrated Arts, Music and Visual Arts.
• Take part in the Signature Event Series where they perform and exhibit work at
school and at world-renowned institutions, including Severance Hall, Cleveland
Play House and the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and Museum.
• Connect to countless opportunities in the world-renowned museums, prestigious
universities, nationally recognized hospitals, eclectic restaurants, beautiful parks
and cozy spaces that surround our University Circle campus.
• Participate in extracurriculars like student council, Anime & Gaming club,
cheerleading, Jazz Arts Ensemble or Dance Company; Shakespeare competition,