Village Prep Woodland Hills Campus
- Christopher O'brien
- Hours of Operation
- School Type
- Operated By
- Breakthrough Schools
- Sponsored By
- Thomas B. Fordham Foundation
Village Prep’s mission is to seek and provide high-quality, academic, rigorous education for the college-bound scholar. We empower our scholars to think critically, assume social responsibility and serve as advocates for themselves and the community. We achieve these goals within a highly focused, structured and safe environment. We, as a community of educators, families, and scholars, work relentlessly to ensure that every child is prepared to succeed in a competitive world.
Village Prep Woodland Hills is a college prep elementary school serving the Union Miles neighborhood and beyond. We have grown from serving 150 students in our founding year to currently educating nearly 450 students in grades K-4. We are proud to be a school that our community has chosen to send their children to year after year.
What Sets Us Apart
In a nutshell, we believe that 100% of our students are bound for college and beyond. Our curriculum reinforces high academic expectations with exposure to complex texts and a problem solving approach to math. We weave in character education through our Five Keys: Courage, Perseverance, Respect, Responsibility and Self-Discipline. We believe that college preparation is for all students — regardless of race, economic status, background or zip code. Our school believes that through high quality instruction, caring teachers and a culture of high expectations, we can support students on their path to college.
- 2 Fully Licensed Teachers in every classroom
- Chromebook computers in every classroom
- Safe, structured classrooms
- Literature-based Reading Curriculum & Inquiry-based Mathematics Curriculum
- College Prep academic focus
- Blended learning and Google classroom opportunities
- Tutoring before and after school
- Extracurriculars include: Scouts, Basketball, Spanish Club and STEM Club
- Parent involvement includes: active Parent-Teacher Organization, monthly Parent Pop-in Visitations, monthly Family Engagement Nights, and monthly Unity Circle Celebrations
- Partners with the Cleveland Public Library and the Cleveland Orchestra
- Online Academic and Behavior reporting for Parent Access
- Mental Health services provided by Ohio Guidestone
- School Counselor and School Nurse on site
- Fresh Fruit and Vegetables Snack throughout the week
- New Playground
- Over 20 new trees planted on campus last year
Yellow Bus and RTA tickets – Families need to live at least 1.75 miles from the school to receive yellow bus transportation.