- Christy Nickerson
- Hours of Operation
- 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- 9-12For the 20-21 school year, this school willnot be enrolling new 9th graders.
- School Type
- Operated By
New Tech East is a small high school
which belongs to the New Tech Network,
a nationwide cohort of schools preparing
students to graduate ready for college
and a career by providing three essential
elements: teaching that engages,
technology that enables, and a culture
that empowers. We encourage young
people to learn how to collaborate
and develop work habits that ensure
successful experiences throughout high
school, college, and their careers. As a
Project Lead The Way (PLTW) school,
our students are introduced to the
engineering curriculum through robotics,
computer design and coding.
We celebrate partnerships in and out of our classrooms
• Robotics, Computer Aided Drafting, Coding, and Drone certification through Cuyahoga
Community College; plus Computer Science and Coding courses sponsored by TEALS.
• ACE Mentoring afterschool program, where architects, engineers and construction firm
staff work with students to create designs used in Cleveland projects.
• Reading RAMM infuses videography, music, poetry, rap and sound engineering into
• Student activities including: Debate Team, Girls Who Code and Science Club.
• Health Professions Affinity Community (HPAC) introduces students to health-related careers
while empowering them to address their community’s most pressing health disparities.
Beginning in the fall of 2020, this school will be consolidated into the East Tech campus.
Students interested in this program should enroll in East Tech, page 148.
Please call the CMSD Enrollment & Choice Office for more information, 216-838-3675.