New Tech East
- Christy Nickerson
- Hours of Operation
- 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- 9-12 For the 20-21 school year, this school will not be enrolling new 9th graders.
- School Type
- Operated By
New Tech East is a small high school which belongs to the New Tech Network, a nationwide cohort of schools preparing students to graduate ready for college and a career by providing three essential elements: teaching that engages, technology that enables, and a culture that empowers. We encourage young people to learn how to collaborate and develop work habits that ensure successful experiences throughout high school, college, and their careers. As a Project Lead The Way (PLTW) school, our students are introduced to the engineering curriculum through robotics, computer design and coding.
We celebrate partnerships in and out of our classrooms
• Robotics, Computer Aided Drafting, Coding, and Drone certification through Cuyahoga
Community College; plus Computer Science and Coding courses sponsored by TEALS.
• ACE Mentoring afterschool program, where architects, engineers and construction firm
staff work with students to create designs used in Cleveland projects.
• Reading RAMM infuses videography, music, poetry, rap and sound engineering into
• Student activities including: Debate Team, Girls Who Code and Science Club.
• Health Professions Affinity Community (HPAC) introduces students to health-related careers
while empowering them to address their community’s most pressing health disparities.
Beginning in the fall of 2020, this school will be consolidated into the East Tech campus.
Students interested in this program should enroll in East Tech, page 148.
Please call the CMSD Enrollment & Choice Office for more information, 216-838-3675.