Luis Muñoz Marín Dual Language Academy
- Samuel Roman
- Hours of Operation
- 7:40 a.m. to 2:10 p.m.
- School Type
- Operated By
Luis Muñoz Marín partners with parents and our community to ensure student success. We hold ourselves and students accountable for their academic and behavioral performance. We promote career and college readiness with a rigorous curriculum to create life-long learners and productive members of society. We use personalized learning to give students a voice in tailoring what, when, where, and how they learn and demonstrate their learning. We encourage wellness through social-emotional learning activities and supports, physical education, recess, and healthy eating.
Our wraparound strategy ensures that parents and community
members are partners in education.
• Our 5-star rated preschool program readies 4-year-olds for kindergarten by introducing
cognitive and socioemotional skills.
• Restorative Practices, Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS), and our
award-winning PATHs programs promote a positive school environment.
• We support cultural competency through our dual language model, field trips, and more.
• Sports include basketball, track and field for boys and girls in grades 7 & 8.
Cheerleading for grades 6, 7, and 8.
• Enrichment programs include classical guitar, Not on My Watch (NOW) antibullying
program, WAVE peer mediators, student ambassadors, book club, Boys & Girls Club,
choir, rhythm band, Scranton Road Ministries, and student leadership council.