- Samuel Roman
- Hours of Operation
- 7:40 a.m. to 2:10 p.m.
- School Type
- Operated By
Luis Muñoz Marín partners with parents
and our community to ensure student
We hold ourselves and students
accountable for their academic and
behavioral performance. We promote
career and college readiness with a rigorous
curriculum to create life-long learners and
productive members of society.
We use personalized learning to
give students a voice in tailoring what,
when, where, and how they learn and
demonstrate their learning. We encourage
wellness through social-emotional learning
activities and supports, physical education,
recess, and healthy eating.
Our wraparound strategy ensures that parents and community
members are partners in education.
• Our 5-star rated preschool program readies 4-year-olds for kindergarten by introducing
cognitive and socioemotional skills.
• Restorative Practices, Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS), and our
award-winning PATHs programs promote a positive school environment.
• We support cultural competency through our dual language model, field trips, and more.
• Sports include basketball, track and field for boys and girls in grades 7 & 8.
Cheerleading for grades 6, 7, and 8.
• Enrichment programs include classical guitar, Not on My Watch (NOW) antibullying
program, WAVE peer mediators, student ambassadors, book club, Boys & Girls Club,
choir, rhythm band, Scranton Road Ministries, and student leadership council.