Facing History New Tech High School
- Marc Engoglia
- Hours of Operation
- 8 a.m. to 2:30 pm
- School Type
- Operated By
Facing History New Tech students engage in project-based learning powered by the latest technology, and filtered through a social justice lens. We are part of the New Tech Network, a nationwide cohort of schools preparing students to graduate ready for college and a career through teaching that engages, technology that enables, and a culture that empowers. Our diverse student population studies racism, prejudice and anti-Semitism to become informed citizens who connect history and their own choices.
Our students are Upstanders. They are proud to:
• Be part of the first school in the nation to combine the Facing History and
Ourselves curriculum and the project-based learning of the New Tech Network
using Apple technology.
• Work with local and national leaders in social justice.
• Have the opportunity to acquire college credits for free, through dual enrollment
and advanced placement course offerings.
• Enjoy extracurricular clubs and intramural sports, with the option to play JV and
Varsity sports with the Rhodes Rams.
• Co-create a safe learning environment for all, including LGBTQ+ students.
• Be the change they want to see in the world!