Cleveland School of Science & Medicine
- Michelle Perez
- Hours of Operation
- 8 a.m. to 3:10 p.m.
- School Type
- Operated By
Science & Medicine was founded in 2006 to offer a unique college-preparatory experience for motivated, high-achieving students interested in entering science or health-related professions. Our students benefit from partnerships with the Cleveland Clinic, University Hospitals, medical and science museums near our University Circle campus. We are one of three selective admission high schools on the historic John Hay Campus, and observe an extended school year.
CSSM students have unique experiences through—
• A wealth of Advanced Placement courses including AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP
Physics, AP Environmental Science, AP Calculus, and AP Statistics.
• Our Health Professions Affinity Program (HPAC), which empowers students by
engaging them in the analysis of community health disparities and introduces
them to the grant writing process, in partnership with John Carroll University.
• Our Health Professions Pipeline Program (H3P), which provides academic support
and college prep programming for students interested in medical or allied health
careers, in partnership with Case Western Reserve University.
• After-school programs, internships and research options, such as our Research
Intensive Summer Experience (RISE) through the Lerner Research Institute of the
• A range of extracurricular clubs and activities, as well as JV and Varsity athletics as
a John Hay Hornet.