- Michelle Perez
- Hours of Operation
- 8 a.m. to 3:10 p.m.
- School Type
- Operated By
Science & Medicine was founded in 2006
to offer a unique college-preparatory
experience for motivated, high-achieving
students interested in entering science or
Our students benefit from partnerships
with the Cleveland Clinic, University
Hospitals, medical and science museums
near our University Circle campus.
We are one of three selective
admission high schools on the historic
John Hay Campus, and observe an
extended school year.
CSSM students have unique experiences through—
• A wealth of Advanced Placement courses including AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP
Physics, AP Environmental Science, AP Calculus, and AP Statistics.
• Our Health Professions Affinity Program (HPAC), which empowers students by
engaging them in the analysis of community health disparities and introduces
them to the grant writing process, in partnership with John Carroll University.
• Our Health Professions Pipeline Program (H3P), which provides academic support
and college prep programming for students interested in medical or allied health
careers, in partnership with Case Western Reserve University.
• After-school programs, internships and research options, such as our Research
Intensive Summer Experience (RISE) through the Lerner Research Institute of the
• A range of extracurricular clubs and activities, as well as JV and Varsity athletics as
a John Hay Hornet.