Buhrer Dual Language Academy
- Michele Sánchez
- Hours of Operation
- 9:10 a.m. to 3:40 p.m.
- School Type
- Operated By
Buhrer offers a collaborative, safe and engaging environment where high student achievement is our number one priority. We focus on ensuring our children are proficient in both Spanish and English by developing academic and linguistic abilities in both languages. We set high expectations around our children’s academic, social and emotional skills to ensure they are prepared for the 21st century. We work collaboratively with parents, community members, staff and students in order to instill in our children the belief that they can accomplish anything they set their minds to.
Our school community provides:
• A positive and collaborative multicultural environment for all students, with social and
emotional learning supports.
• Integration of technology with the use of computers in all classrooms; iPads in PreK-2;
laptops for each student in grades 3-8.
• English and Spanish instruction in core subjects, with the opportunity to earn credit in
Spanish I before entering high school.
• Activities include girls volleyball, boys basketball, cheerleading, America SCORES
soccer & poetry teams, NOW anti-bullying program, WAVE conflict mediation team
and student council/advisory groups.
• A family community where parents and students are active participants in the decisionmaking
• We are proud to be part of the first group of Cleveland schools to offer Say Yes