Breakthrough Schools: Citizens Southeast Campus
- Dr. Randall Yates, K-5/Sophia Roy, 6-8
- Hours of Operation
- 7:25 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- K-6, growing to K-8.
- School Type
- Operated By
- Breakthrough Schools
- Sponsored By
Breakthrough’s Citizens Southeast Campus has expanded to serve both elementary and middle school scholars. Our mission is to prepare our students to lead in academics, service, and civic engagement during high school, college, and beyond. Our elementary curriculum is built on seven virtues: Responsibility, respect, perseverance, honesty, generosity, courage, and loyalty. We celebrate students who exemplify these virtues in many ways, including Citizens of the Month assemblies. Our distinct middle school curriculum engages students in hands-on, project-based learning that culminates in a high-quality capstone project.
We believe every student can excel, no exceptions.
• Unique citizenship-based curriculum drives our school.
• Year-round Black History + Black Excellence curriculum.
• We believe 21st-century skills are essential; every student has a laptop and
technology is integrated into instruction, such as programming Lego robots.
• High academic and behavioral expectations are the foundation of our success.
• Distinct, real-world learning curriculum at middle school.
• We offer multiple after-school programs and extracurricular activities.