- Kimberly Peterlin
- Hours of Operation
- 7:55 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- School Type
- Operated By
- Breakthrough Schools
- Sponsored By
Breakthrough’s Citizens Academy is proud
to be a long-standing elementary school
in Cleveland’s Glenville neighborhood.
Our mission is to produce learners who
exemplify academic excellence and
responsible citizenship. Our vision is for
every student to graduate from college and
become a productive and civically engaged
member of society. Our Citizenship
Curriculum, an integral part of character
development, is based upon seven virtues:
Responsibility, respect, perseverance,
honesty, generosity, courage, and loyalty.
We celebrate students who exemplify the
virtues in many ways, including Citizens of
the Month assemblies throughout the year.
We believe every student can excel, no exceptions.
• Unique citizenship-based curriculum drives our school.
• Year-round Black History + Black Excellence curriculum.
• We believe 21st-century skills are essential; every student has a laptop and
technology is integrated into instruction, such as programming Lego robots.
• High academic and behavioral expectations are the foundation of our success.
• Each child’s individualized academic progress is tracked by a
“My Achievement Plan.”
• We offer multiple after-school programs and extracurricular activities.